Wednesday 3 August 2016

Fabric painting-Kids-Mickey

"The soul is healed by being with children.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Hello every one..
Yesterday I thought of reusing my kids old uniform and so I have drawn some mickey cartoons on my kid's dark grey colored plain uniform..The painting is done by color filling and outlining technique.. I have used pearl color acrylic paints for filling.. as it looks good on dark colored fabrics and black for outlining..

These paintings are done by transferring  traced patterns.. For illustrations of transferring a pattern, Please refer to my Fabric painting-Red Rose post

Things needed:

Paints:
Many different colors of fabric/Acrylic paints.



Painting Brushes:
  1. A Flat Brush No:2 or 3(For color filling)
  2. A lettering Brush No:000 or 00(For outlining)

Short and Stiff bristles are preferable..

Painting Frame:A painting frame helps to tighten the fabric and holds it in the stretched form.

     

Other Essentials:
  1. An old cloth for cleaning brushes in between changing colors
  2. An old piece of card or paper to place under the fabric
  3. Clean water
  4. A mixing tray(Optional in case we want to mix certain colours)

 
 Take a look..



Please leave your valuable comments below..
Hope you all liked this... See you soon with my next post..Have a nice day..


No comments:

Post a Comment